As I am head over heads in love with my new iPhone 4 I have decided that I'm going to start a 365 photo project. It has it's own blog and everything.
I'm going to take a photo everyday for one year using the Hipstamatic app and upload it to Flickr and the blog. Hopefully the 'camera on the go' nature of the iPhone will mean that I find it easy to keep up!
Tuesday 28 September 2010
Sunday 26 September 2010
Saturday 25 September 2010
I couldn't resist taking photos of the leaves growing on the trellis outside our flat. The colours are absolutely stunning. I love the shades of Autumn.
In other Autumnal news, it's started to get really chilly out. This means layers. This makes me very happy.
Friday 24 September 2010
- Seven Ply on Etsy - I came across Seven Ply (aka Lynn) when she was the featured seller on the Etsy homepage. I really admire her ethics: the concept of taking something that would otherwise be scrap wood and turning it into something new and beautiful. She's the second artist I've found who seems gifted at making jewellery out of recycled materials. I decided to treat myself to one of her bangles and I'll admit I'm already keeping an eye out for more in other funky colours.
- The Lego Luke Skywalker minifig - I would love to have been present at the meeting at Lego HQ where someone turned around and said 'Hey guys, what about making Star Wars stuff?'. It's a genius idea and combines two of my favourite geeky pleasures. Myself and Cardy have built ourselves up quite a collection of Star Wars Lego (including a motorised At-AT) and one of my favourite featuress by far is the little Luke minifig. I think it's the helmet that does it. The devil's in the detail.
- Pop Tarts - thanks to the wonderful folks at Cybercandy I have been reliving the joys of the 90s for breakfast this week. I don't, however, think I'll be indulging too much due to the inflated price tag (I'm not complaining, they are imported after all). My Mum sent me a very excited email on Monday saying that she's heard that Pop Tarts are on their way back in the UK. I'm keeping everything crossed!
- Jeeves and Wooster - what a gem of a TV schedule find. Myself and Cardy can get our weekly fix care of ITV2. Young Hugh Laurie plays the part of the clueless young gent perfectly (although I still maintain that he has got better with age) and Stephen Fry, well, he can do no wrong.
- My purple leopard-print DMs - I've worked out that rather than change trains, it's actually quicker for me to get off the Tube at Victoria and walk the rest of the way to the office. It's a lovely walk, but not that fun in my work shoes. So they're now living under my desk of an evening and I'm wearing my good old favourites for my commute. They sparked what has become a love affair with DMs and they have a lot of sentimental value. I'm tempted to have a look on eBay for a second pair, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I don't know why anyone would want to part with them.
Friday 17 September 2010
- My new job - I'm enjoying having more of a career focus and the people in my department are really warm and welcoming.
- Wagamama's Ginger Chicken Udon - I'm sure they've changed the recipe. I had it for lunch on Tuesday and although it's always been lovely it tasted particularly divine.
- Grey suit trousers - I've only ever had black trousers before for work but I'm really taken with my new grey and purple trousers from Next. It's nice to have something a bit different.
- Dune by Christian Dior - my Dad picked me up a bottle of Dune years ago on a trip to the States. I don't know he did it, but he managed to select a scent that works really well with my skin. Cardy commented on me smelling good which is always a positive!
- Sleep - after a full week's work after an extended holiday I'm in love with my bed.
Friday 10 September 2010
- London Rollergirls - I went to my first training session on Saturday morning and I am in love. I'll admit that I was aching for days afterwards, but I had so much fun and I'm so excited about the next practice.
- My first BJDs - I took some photos of the Merchant Twins the other day and remembered just why I fell in love with Fairyland dolls in the first place. They still take my breath away.
- The 'Love Lewin' Collection at T M Lewin - I'm starting a new job on Monday so went out to do some work clothes shopping today. I found the most amazing purple shirt. The ruffles!
- My parents - when I was at university my Mum would sometimes come and stay with me for the weekend. We would eat ice cream in bed and watch a chick flick, then go to Manchester and eat Nandos for lunch. We had so much fun. Last night I got to play host to my Dad. He crashed at the flat as he had to attend a two day conference in London. He treated myself and Cardy to a Chinese takeaway, I treated him to some Polish beer and we watched The Thick of It. I love being able to socialise with my parents.
- The Thick of It - Two words. Malcolm. Tucker. Google it.
Tuesday 7 September 2010
Last month my lovely Mother came down to London so we could have a girly day out. My Father was also in London on business, so we met up with him after we'd eaten lunch. That morning myself and Mum had found the most spectacular coat in my favourite shop, Desigual. Seeing as I'm such a fantastic daughter and all, they decided to treat me (thank you so much, if you're reading! I love you both to bits). Now I just need to wait for it to get cold enough to wear it!
This afternoon I decided to take some shots of the different textures and fabrics going on in this masterpiece. I did take more, but my Photoshop couldn't quite cope with the pretty.
You can see more shots on my Flickr.
Friday 3 September 2010
- Trikky by Kidrobot - I've been tempted to have a go at customising one of these for a while so I picked one up this week. Now I just need to decide what to do with it!
- My new skating gear - I start training with the London Roller Girls rec league tomorrow. I'm feeling slightly apprehensive but I'm really excited!
- Lego Mind Storms - Cardy has splurged and bought this fancy robot kit from Lego. So far we've built a robot that can shoot things and a robot that can boogie. Cardy has a grand plan to turn it into a prototype Tachikoma. I can't wait to see how it turns out!
- Futurama Season Four - Futurama at it's best is absolutely magnificent. And I really want Lela's hair.
- My Archaic Smile t-shirts - my Mum posted some of my old t-shirts up to me so I can wear them when I skate. I don't think they're quite 'me' anymore, but they'll be perfect for when I'm wearing all my gear.