- Moving into our new flat - we moved this afternoon. It was hard work but we did it!
- Being able to blog from my phone - BT managed to muck up our Internet but at least I have my iPhone!
- Fairy lights - it's amazing how homely they make a place feel!
- My Mum's organisation skills - she was amazing today, a one woman army. I don't know how we would have coped without her!
- Chip shop chips - especially amazing after a day of heavy lifting.
Saturday 25 June 2011
Sunday 19 June 2011
I'm a creature of habit.
When I was a little girl, this was my constant companion. He's called Blue Bunny (inspired, I know) and he's been sat on my pillow or by my bed for as long as I can remember. My Mum told me that I used to try to feed him chocolate and when she would clean him I used to watch him go round and round in the washing machine.
He was also my favourite travel companion when we used to visit my grandparents. I remember feeling slightly guilty leaving him at home when I went on school trips. So it doesn't really come as a surprise to me that he's not yet been packing up along with the rest of our stuff. I guess he'll be the last thing to go away, along with the duvet and pillows.
Some things never change.
- The Chain by Fleetwood Mac - we've started to sing this in choir and it's sounding amazing! I'm so excited to be able to perform it in front of an audience.
- Finding forgotten chocolate - while packing up the flat we found a stash of chocolate hidden away. Chocolate is lovely, but I do feel slightly sick now!
- To do lists - I feel like I'm living off lists at the moment. I'm so looking forward to everything being finished!
- Creating my birthday wishlist - I always send Cardy some gift ideas for my birthday and Christmas. My list this year contains a lot of pretty, there's no filler to be found.
- Four Rooms on Channel Four - I'm not usually a fan of 'Flog It' style shows, but I've become slightly addicted to this one. I guess it's because the items are so quirky.
Friday 10 June 2011
Today it rained a lot. I had to go over to the other office this morning and got soaked on my way back. Luckily I had a spare pair of trousers with me as I was wet to the knees. When I got home I decided it would be the perfect time to take a photo of the Dunny I bought the other week.
It's raining again now - I can hear it pattering on the roof.
- Our pretty new flat - Cardy and I went to see a flat on Tuesday and both instantly fell in love with the place. It's in an old Victorian Mansion block - fresh white wall, wooden floors and a bay window in the living room. Gorgeous. We should be moving at the end of the week - eek!
- Thunderstorms - we had a huge downpour complete with thunder this morning. I wasn't too impressed at first as I was caught up in it and got soaked through, but once I was inside and the thunder started it was all worth it.
- Being naughty at lunch - I was so happy on Wednesday when I heard that we'd got the flat that I decided that my normal cheap lunch just wouldn't do. So Wagamama Ginger Chicken Udon it was!
- My new photo project - I was really struggling to take an interesting photo every day so I've decided to stick to one really good one once a week. I'm enjoying getting back to grips with my proper DSLR too - as much as I do love Hipstamatic on the iPhone it doesn't really compare.
- Photoshop 'Actions' - I hadn't heard of these until I saw them mentioned on one of my Flickr contact's photostreams. A few searches later and I had a small library on my Mac. As I'm easing myself back into photography it's nice to have something to help with the post-processing.
Sunday 5 June 2011
My 365 photo project sort of died a death. It's quite tough trying to find something interesting to take a photo of every day when you take the same routes all the time. I also found that I was using my iPhone too much instead of picking up my proper DSLR. So I've decided that I will bring my target down to one photo a week, every week for a year, so 52 photos in total. To give it a bit of a theme I've called it Toybox(52).
I started in earnest today by spending the morning taking photos of one of my BJDs. I finally found the perfect wig for Fuchsia, my Littlefee Leah, so she had some camera time.
The rest of the set is on my Flickr.
Friday 3 June 2011
- My physiotherapist - on Saturday I managed just over twenty minutes of skating and it didn't feel like my knee was going to fall to pieces. Hurrah! I'm going to have a scan in a few months so hopefully that'll let me know exactly what is going on.
- Heathers - I put it on for Cardy's benefit, but who am I kidding, I love this film. So many great lines. So many great outfits!
- My new Julie West Dunny - I got this Dunny from eBay at a steal along with the Fatale Klor/123Klan and Catalina Estrada. Julie West urban vinyl makes me hideously happy.
- Getting doll mock-ups - I've been sent photoshop mock-ups of my two new girls' face-ups and it's made me so excited to see them get home!
- Spying on local wildlife - we were treated to a rare glimpse of the city's wildlife the other day. A heron decided to drop by and sat on the fence eyeing up the neighbour's fish pond. You don't expect to see birds that big in central London!
Thursday 2 June 2011
Wednesday 1 June 2011
I appear to have gone all girly! Perhaps the (weak) summer heat is starting to get to my brain. Thanks to Lost & Taken and WebTreats for the wallpaper and grunge textures. For a change I've found a colour box that I feel reflects the palette of my layout - this 'drops of spring' palette is very pretty.
I've also broken with tradition and changed my font. I wanted to tie the blog banner in with the new gateway, plus I've been looking for an excuse to use this font for ages. It's called 'Peach Sundress' if you wanted to download it (while you're there check out 'Clementine Sketch').