Well, 2013 was certainly eventful. It will always be the year that M and I bought our first flat, and that's good enough for me.
Here's how I did with last year's goals:
- I go in for my *touch wood* final surgery on 26th January, so for the first five or so months of the year I'm going to be getting well acquainted with some physiotherapists and will become a physio machine.> Well it's nearly been 12 months, and I'm pretty happy with how everything has gone. I can hop again. Hop!
- The boy and I are hoping to dip our toe in the home-owner pond in the Spring.> Done and done!
- I'm contemplating tackling a double bed sized quilt - I really miss the one I made last year, so I'd like to make one for myself.> Well, I've made a start at least!
- I've promised myself that I will read From Hell and Gormenghast.> Well, not such a success - this will be remaining on my 'to do' list.
- Hopefully this will be the year that I manage to contribute to the Crafty Photo Scavenger Hunt every month.> Again, didn't manage this one what with the move and all.
- I'm going to finally man up and wear in my DMs.> We've not really had the weather for this year, hopefully this blasted rain will stop!
- I might be starting a post-grad professional diploma in the autumn - eek!> Well, this has all changed a bit. More on that in a bit.
- My wardrobe really needs a good de-clutter.> Managed to do this as part of the move, score!
- I really need to start writing again, even if it's just staying up to date with 'this week'.> I did a bit when I was off work with my knee, but I do need to get back into this properly again.
- We need to do more gaming.> We both failed at this, but have agreed it's on the books for this year.
- I need to take Vera out to play more often.> I've failed this one in spectacular style. I'm thinking of getting some more lenses this year, so I definitely want to brush up my skills again.
- I'm going to be brave and try out a few recipes from the Wahaca cookbook.> This has been done, which much success! We cooked my parents the pork pibil for Boxing Day and it went down a storm.
- I want to start saving up to buy Persephone/Percy (a MNF Mirwen).> I received a pretty little bonus with my Christmas pay, so I think I may have to put some of this towards bringing Percy home.
Now I know that last year I did '13 goals for 2013', but if I carry on in that way I'll end up with a list as long as my arm, and the likelihood of me actually achieving them will be slim to none. So I'm going to stick with ten, which seems like a nice round number.
- Polish off my CV and start to look at new employment opportunities. My managers feel that I've outgrown my current role, and seeing as there is no way for me to progress in the company, I need to look further afield.
- Redecorate at least one room in our flat. It's been refurbished to a good standard so it's not like it needs to be modernised, but I'd like to start to put our stamp on the place.
- Finish at least the top sheet for the double quilt - once I start the actual quilting process goodness knows how long it will take!
- Get back into playing the cornet. I've already started to build my lip up, I just need to fight through the frustration and persevere.
- Take Vera out to play more often and buy her some pretty new clothes (otherwise known as 'pick up my camera more often and buy some new lenses).
- Do more gaming, both with M and on my tod. I have some really good 3DS games that I need to get stuck into.
- Write more often. If only short bits and bobs.
- Start going for a weekly walk. We have a lovely lake just down the road, so I don't have any excuse not to really.
- Bake something and try at least one new recipe at least once a month.
- Read more often. I'm now using a rucsac everyday rather than an across body bag, so this one should hopefully be relatively easy!
Post a Comment