- Chanel of Spectral Impression - OK, not strictly a 'thing' so much as a person, and a lovely person at that. Huge thanks to her for giving feedback when I was attempting to redesign my blog! I'm in awe of her talent, her use of watercolour is just stunning and I love her character designs. She's at the top of my list of 'online friends who I wish I could meet up with in real life and natter over hot chocolate'.
- My nurse, aka Cardy - I'm currently unable to do much apart from sit on my backside and read/watch TV/game/try to write/waste endless hours on the internet so having some help from Cardy is SUCH a life saver. And the boy's good at washing hair!
- The Guild - I first heard of Felicia Day when one of my dearest friends introduced me to Joss Whedon's Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. When I stumbled across her website yesterday and saw that she'd written and starred in her own series about online gamers I thought I'd give it a go.
I'm now half way through Season ThreeOK, so when I started drafting this post on Friday afternoon I was on Season Three, but I've watched the whole thing - some of the episodes are only five minutes long, don't judge me! It's definitely worth a watch.
- The Roller Derby World Cup - the first ever Roller Derby World Cup is currently being held in Toronto, Canada. England claimed a well deserved third place! My money would be on USA to win. It's been such an inspirational event, the fact that all the players and officials have organised and funded this themselves is pretty spectacular. I think that regardless who wins, everyone who has been involved with the event should be very proud of themselves.
- Rain - I know, I know, I probably sound like a right misery guts, but it's December for goodness sake! It should be wet and windy outside! Although I'm quite glad that I've been huddled indoors for a week and a bit because hobbling in the rain? Not a good look.